About Rotary Adelaide Central
About 3 dozen women and men aged from their 30s and above make up our membership. We have opened up membership applications again, looking for vibrant people to join our Club to participate in and enjoy our varied activities.
We hope that you will visit us one day soon to meet our team and get a feel for the Local and International network of Rotary and the fun nature of our Club.
We assist our local and global communities, with Club members sharing their knowledge and experience to run a range of worthy projects to better our world! Plus, we enjoy each others fellowship when we meet.
Over the years our Club has donated significant amounts of time, money, products, expertise and passion to a wide range of causes identified by our members, including over $300,000 worth of cash and products to worthy local and overseas projects.
Below is sample of the variety of projects we're proud to have been involved in.
• Donated Food & Products from Adelaide Central Market Traders to support four Adelaide Homeless charities - over $150,000 worth.
• Run Concerts to support local charities
- Arthritis SA; Cora Barclay Centre; Minda; Save The Children
• Run Rotary Youth Driver Awareness (RYDA) safety training days for high school age children to bring them home safe!
• Supported the Homeless and Disadvantaged families
• Build large Hafirs and Birakuts in the Sudan and Ethiopia to supply fresh water to thousands of people
• Run Literacy projects in the Womens & Childrens Hospital
• Fundraised for the Nepal Earthquake and Indonesian Cyclone victims
• Sponsored Art exhibitions
• Installed a disability access Swing in the Adelaide City Council playground in front of the Adelaide Aquatic Centre.
• Ran Annual community Motor Bike Expos and Swap Meets
• Run BBQ's & Sausage Sizzles at Bunnings; in the City of Adelaide and City of West Torrens to raise funds to run our charitable projects.
• Supplied Pyjamas for disadvantaged Elderly Residents in nursing homes
• Have run fun Movie days for children with disabilities or ongoing sickness
• Support international disaster relief
• Sponsor students to NYSF Science career forums
• Sponsoring youth to RYLA and RYPEN leadership training camps
+ much more
Our Club's next project could be YOUR idea ... please talk to us
Membership in Rotary is open to all who are interested in taking an active part in the community, and looking to make new friends.
Plus - FRIENDS OF ROTARY often volunteer with our projects. Our friends are community minded people keen to help, but without the time to become full members of Rotary. We greatly appreciate their help!
We welcome those who share our passion and
invite you to contact our club on (08) 7444 5086.