Cathy was inducted as a member of Rotary Adelaide West Club on 2 May 2013. Then with the change to Rotary Adelaide Central, continued her service to Rotary.
She's been a busy lady if her career credentials are anything to go by : JP, MBA, AFCHSM, BN, Dip App Science (nursing)!
She is currently President of Chinese Welfare Services of SA (immediate Past Treasurer), based in Grote Street, Adelaide and acts as a management consultant to a number of organisations.
Over the years, Cathy has dedicated her time to many Community organisations such as Chinatown Adelaide. She is passionate about supporting women in business and supporting the growth of Small to Medium size businesses.
She took on the role of President of Adelaide West Rotary for the 2017/18 Rotary year.
• Passionate about raising awareness with cultural and linguistically diverse communities on broad issues.
• 35 years clinical healthcare experience both as a registered nurse working in a critical care environment to manager of clinical services and evaluating services
• Included in the SA's 2009 Women's Honour Roll, Woman of Distinction Award - Asian Pacific Business Council for Women 2004.
• Appointed as Justice of the Peace for South Australia in 2011
• President of Chinese Welfare Services of SA Inc.(CWS) 2011-2015. CWS has been assisting the Chinese Community in SA with various settlement and advocacy programs since 1991 and providing Senior Home and Community Care (HACC) to the Chinese community with services. Assist overseas Chinese students in various areas of living concerns: health care needs; crisis resolutions etc. in collaboration with the Chinese Embassy to Australia (no consular service in SA till 2016 ).
• Has been on Executive Board member of Multicultural Communities Council and Chinatown of Adelaide Associations in contributing to the advancement of Multicultural South Australia and beyond.
• Member of judging panel for SA Governors' Multicultural Awards for 8 years
• Previous Chair of BreastScreen SA Consumer Group, Member, SA Digital BreastScreen Implementation Review Group; Member, BreastScreen SA State Accreditation Board; Member, Digital BreastScreen Implementation; Member, Review Implementation Steering Committee, BreastScreen SA.
• Represents CALD (cultural and linguistic diverse) communities on forums that involve: budgets, health care; immigration; volunteers; women and education issues – participate in recent years: Health Connect - Key stakeholder reference group; SA's health plan for older people 2008-2016- Improving health and wellbeing together; Member, Alzheimer's Consumer Alliance SA; Member, Health Consumer Research Partnership, SA Health and Medical Research Institute, Health Consumer Alliance Policy group, SA Police Academy Community Champion
• OzAsia Ambassador – promoting OsAsia festival and programs to wider community.
• Assists with migration and new arrival issues and concerns with Murray Bridge and beyond with multicultural communities.
• Has worked with others on the Multicultural Festival of SA Inc. to provide SA with 5 consecutive successful annual Festivals that involve and showcase the diverse cultures in SA; Chinatown Festivals in SA and numerous educational forums within the communities both within SA and Australia.
• Director, Youth Services Director and President Elect, Rotary Club of Adelaide West
• Professional Development Officer for the College of Health Services Executives of SA Inc. for 12 years providing health forums and educational to SA Health Executives as well as linking to National management issues.
• Several years' experience owning aged care agency providing support for clients who want to stay at home
• Several years working as consultants and business coach for small and medium companies.
• Acts as mentor for small start up businesses
• Has been on small business advisory to the Minister in South Australia
• Commitment to thorough research and analyse problems
• Proven good interpersonal skill in communication with a broad range of people, ability to communicate ideas clearly, has active listening skills.
• Demonstrated sound problem solving, human resource management, conflict resolution, crisis management, and the ability to direct, manage and work with people.
• Has language skills in Chinese Mandarin, English, Various Chinese Dialects, and Malay
• Has been Chair of Women's Subcommittee, MCCSA; Member on Women's Advisory Committee to SAMEAC; key projects: Women and financial literacy; dementia; domestic violence etc.
• Previous Member on the Volunteer Ministerial Advisory Group(VMAG)for Minister for Volunteer for several years; member on VMAG task force - projects team: Sharing Government Infrastructures with communities; CALD and new arrivals on volunteerism and pathways to work
Qualifications & Memberships
• MBA, University of SA 1997
• BN, University of SA 1980
• Justice of the Peace, South Australia
• Past Member, Volunteer Ministerial Advisory Group
• Past Member, Volunteer Ministerial Task Force
• Associate Fellow, Australian College of Health Service Manage, AustralAsia.
• Executive Board Member, Multicultural Communities Council of South Australia Inc.
• Member; Past President, Chinatown of Adelaide South Australia Inc.
• President, Chinese Welfare Services of South Australia Inc.
• Deputy Chair, Multicultural Festival of South Australia Inc.
• Previous Chair, Women's Subcommittee, MCCSA
• Past Member, Women's Advisory Committee to SAMEAC
• Selection Panel, Inaugural Governor's Multicultural Awards 2008,to 2014
• Immediate Past President, MBA Alumni, University of South Australia.
• Past Member, Cervix Screening Program South Australia Advisory Group
• Chair, Consumer Advisory Group, Breast Screen SA Program
• Member, Breast screen SA Accreditation Advisory Committee of SA
• Member, BreastScreen SA Digital Program Steering Committee
• Member, Alzheimer's Consumer Alliance SA
• Member, Rotary Club of Adelaide West
• Member, Health Consumers Research Partnership Reference Group to SA Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHRMI)
• Past Member, Clinical Governance Standing Committee of Central Northern Area Health Services (CNAHS)
• Past Member, Health Connect SA stakeholder reference group
• Member, Murraylands Multicultural Migration and Settlement Committee
• Member, Project Reference Group, South Australia's health plan for older people – Improving health and wellbeing together 2008-2016
• Member, Australia Day Council, SA
• Asian Pacific Business Council for Women – The Asian Pacific Council for Women of Distinction Award in 2004.